Slade wrote:
> The book of Hebrews tells us, "So there remains
> a Sabbath rest for the people of God." Why can't
> we just believe that the Sabbath still exists for
> us?

Understand clearly that the people he spoke to here observed the seventh day
sabbath.  Therefore, the sabbath he speaks about that remains is not
Saturday observance.

Slade wrote:
> Can you tell me where in Scripture man is called
> the Lord of the Sabbath? It seems to me the end
> of Mark tells us that Messiah is the Lord of the
> Shabbat.

Read it carefully.  Sabbath was made for man; therefore, who is Lord of the
sabbath?  Why is Jesus Lord of Sabbath?  Is it because he is the son of God
or is it because he is the son of man?

Mar 2:27  And he said unto them, The sabbath was made for man, and not man
for the sabbath:
Mar 2:28  Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the sabbath.

Slade wrote:
> I am slightly confused because it's been my
> belief that the "true intent" of the Law was
> always the Letter of the Law

2Co 3:6  Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of
the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth
life.
2Co 3:7  But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones,
was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not steadfastly behold
the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be
done away:
2Co 3:8  How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
2Co 3:9  For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth
the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida  USA