I have to finally put my two cents in on this one.  I cared for my former husband for several years after he was disabled.  I wouldn't trade those years for anything.  Now granted, he was able to communicate and take care of his basic needs but he had to use a wheelchair when we went out and could not take care of many of the things men handle like home and vehicle maintanence.  I spent a lot of time having him "teach" me to do things  LOL   My point is that I believed that my marriage vows were in sickness and in health and held to that belief.  I understand this man's dilema but he is not free to divorce and remarry as long as she is alive.  I also believe that her fate is in God's hands and he should not tamper with that.  Izzy compared her with an infant.  Would we stop feeding our baby if it was the same situation?   Just something to consider.  Of course we cannot judge this man's motives but I wonder if he has made his decision based on fleshly desires or on what he truly believes God would have him do.  Laura