Judy,  How did you and your family fare thru the Hurricane?  Iz

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Judith H. Taylor
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 10:15 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Sanctification by the Spirit

David:
Thank you for your response,
If I am suddenly silent it is because we are on a hurricane watch here.
some are without power already and Isabel is supposed to land at the
outer banks in a couple of hours.  They are expecting massive power
outages and flooding.

Maybe a good place to begin here is asking ourselves the question
what is the heart? Is it the soul (mind, will, emotions) or is it
spirit?
We know it is possible to have a deceived heart and an evil heart of
unbelief.  It is also possible to have a root of fear in our heart which
is different from normal fear of danger which would be in the soul.
Paul wrote to Timothy that the 'goal' of the instruction is love from
a pure heart so if the heart/spirit is pure from the start of our walk
with God then why would this be the goal?

Is it because we don't think like God, or love like He does.  Being
conformed to the image of Christ does not happen overnight and
spiritual discernment is a must if we are to resist evil and choose
the good - Having our senses exercised to discern between good
and evil is also a process.

Well the lights are blinking so won't push it here.

Until Later,
Judy