Terry Clifton wrote:
........So Terry, do you agree with my above explanation of why you misunderstand the perceived salvation of the thief?
No.  I believe that you are appointed once to die, and then the judgment.  If you are not saved when you draw your last breath, you will open your eyes in hell the next moment,
DAVEH:  I respectfully disagree.  The Bible (and real life/death experiences) plainly show this is not the case.  IMHO, the judgment follows death by some time.
just as the rich man did who refused to be charitable to Lazarus. Your ability to use words not withstanding, your beliefs are founded on faulty logic and weird assumptions too numerous to even contemplate.
DAVEH:  In other words......you are not able to refute my above Biblical explanation?!?!?!?!
 TC:  Nice try Dave.  Appeal to my pride.
DAVEH:  Since you were a little 'shy' with explanations, I was just trying to read between the lines, Terry.
If I don't play your game it is because I am stupid.
DAVEH:   Please don't think I consider you such.  Since you did not offer a specific reason why you think my logical explanation is flawed, what else did you expect me to say?  Now you apparently consider this a "game".  I'm at a bit of a loss.....Just how am I supposed to discuss such things?  I realize my beliefs are unpopular here.  And I realize that few TTers want to hear me quote LDS sources.  So, when I hear something (like your comment about the thief going to paradise as proof that baptism is not essential to salvation) I feel compelled to explain why your explanation does not seem valid to me.  I thought I laid out my argument in a logical fashion using a source you would accept.  If you still disagree, that's OK with me.  But if you disagree without giving me a reason why you think I'm wrong, then you leave me wondering why you didn't point out my erroneous conclusion.  Now you are tossing the "game" card at me.  Perhaps you are a little sensitive....Perhaps I'm a little obnoxious....Maybe it's a little of both.

I do admit to knowing next to nothing about Mormons, but that is not a bad thing.
DAVEH:   Well, it certainly isn't a crime......    <VBG>
If you know the truth, you will know a lie, even though you have not studied the lie.  I don't have to know about your underwear, or your phoney prophet, or any of the other illusions under which you operate.  I told you the truth before.  You are just too far out to grasp reality so I am not going to waste my time.
DAVEH:   OK Terry.  I get the message.  I apologize for bothering you.
I hope someday you get saved, but I doubt that the Lord will work through me to accomplish that.  If He tells me otherwise, I will try again.  Otherwise, I leave you to live in your pretend world.
DAVEH:   I do admit to feeling rather comfortable in my "pretend world".  The reason for that is that the world I live in answers the questions I posed to you (and others in TT.)

Enjoy,
Terry

--
Dave Hansen