DaveH
Perry brings up a good point. Can you show us any other, usage of the word damnation in a similar sense to how LDS want to use it?
How can you take DAM & Nation put them together and come up with stoppage of progression?

Charles Perry Locke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DavidH wrote:

   "First......to me, 'damnation' is the impedance of eternal progression."

DaveH, your comment above reminds of the following line from Lewis Carrol's "through the Looking Glass":

  "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful
tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean--neither more nor
less."

In the past you have used the dictionary to define "Christianity". Lets see what "damned" means according to a secular dictionary, Merriam-webster. In the first sense it means, "1. to condemn to a punishment or fate; especially : to condemn to hell".

Further, condemn means, "1 : to declare to be reprehensible, wrong, or evil usually after weighing evidence and without reservation. 2 a : to pronounce guilty : CONVICT b : SENTENCE, DOOM".

Doesn't sound to me like it means "impedance of eternal progression".

Okay, lets see what Strong's says about the word "damn": katrakino - to judge against, i.e., sentence:-condemn, damn.

Again, I fail to see "impedance of eternal progression". Now, how is it that you came up with that meaning? Can you give me a reference to where you got that?

LDS tend to follow the thinking of Humpty Dumpty. When they use a word it means exactly what they choose it to mean."

Perry

Working moms: Find helpful tips here on managing kids, home, work — and yourself. ---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org If you do not want to receive posts from this list, send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and you will be unsubscribed. If you have a friend who wants to join, tell him to send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] and he will be subscribed.

Do you Yahoo!?
Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now