From: "Dean Moore" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy wrote:
**Jonathan Edwards sermon was said to be effective in that day but I
don't know that presenting a God  of terror is all that good; and this
was not the  way Jesus presented Him.
Dean writes:
Judy have you ever read the sermon"Sinner in the hands of an angry God" by
Jonathan Edwards? If not you can find it on the Internet-simply do a search.

David writes:
First of all, I was not talking about presenting a God of terror.

Dean writes:
2 Cor.5:11 Knowing therefore the terror of the lord,we persuade men...

**So do you believe that Paul also demeaned sinners and got in ppl's faces
with billboards that depicted the terror of God Dean, or are you saying that
this scripture justifies the way you do it?

Persuading men takes some time and effort.  Apparently at the beginning
they stayed around to baptise and the ppl they persuaded were told about
"what the prophets had warned of" which would have been the day of judgment
which is also called "The Day of the Lord" because some of them mentioned it -
the incident that comes to mind is when Philip and Peter were preaching Christ
in Samaria and Peter rebuked Simon the magician who had just been baptised
as a brand new believer because he wanted to purchase the power of God with
money (Acts 8:20-23 so Simon's focus still had not changed).  But note his
response to Peter's rebuke:  "Pray ye to the Lord for me, that none of these
things which ye have spoken come upon me" (Acts 8:34).

What do you think were the things they had spoken?

Judy