Blaine:  A doormat?  I find it ludicrous that anyone even said that in the first place, and the response as described in your friend's comments sounds more like a group of zombies who see no evil, hear no evil and speak no evil, mainly because they are braindead!!  NO group of Mormon women would react that way. There are some women in the polygamous communities of Colorado City, CO and Hillsdale, UT who might react that way.  They seem to be brainwashed to the extreme judging from what I have read recently.
You are invited to attend a Mormon meeting sometime with my wife and I, if you ever get to Utah.  You will see that active LDS women are generally among the best educated and most intelligent people you will find about anywhere.  Utah has one of the highest ratios of students graduating from Universities of all 50 states.

Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 5:46 AM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Geography of Never Never land

Blaine and DaveH:
What say ye about all of this?
Who is the great nation referred to in your holy writ?  This has nothing at all
to do with the resurrected Christ because these names have no part in His
genealogy.

To me it all sounds like the kind of fables referred to in 1 Timothy 1:4:
"Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies which minister
questions rather than godly edifying which is in faith - so do" along with

2 Timothy 4:3,4 "For the time will come when they will not endure sound
doctrine but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers
having itching ears; and they shall turn away from the truth, and shall be
turned unto fables.

Actually I can see why men who are walking after the flesh would like your
religion; it caters to the male ego and the women are subjugated. I was just
reading an excerpt from a book called The Mormon Mirage written by
Latayne Scott and reflecting on the role of women in Mormonism - from her
own experience she writes: "I was once sitting in a Relief Society meeting
when the speaker made an attention-getting remark. In explaining the
relationship of husband and wife she said "Women are the doormats upon
which men wipe their feet before going in to God" ... she continues "I was
stunned. I looked open mouthed at my friends in the room. Surely someone
else was as outraged about this as I - but all around me young women were
nodding in contemplation and agreement...."   Judy

From: "Charles Perry Locke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
NUMBER 1:

Bible:
Genesis 11:9 - Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD
did there confound the language of all the earth: and from thence did the
LORD scatter them abroad upon the face of all the earth.

Contradicting BoM passages:

Ether 1
[33] Which Jared came forth with his brother and their families, with some
others and their families, from the great tower, at the time the Lord
confounded the language of the people, and swore in his wrath that they
should be scattered upon all the face of the earth; and according to the
word of the Lord the people were scattered.
[34] And the brother of Jared being a large and mighty man, and a man highly
favored of the Lord, Jared, his brother, said unto him: Cry unto the Lord,
that he will not confound us that we may not understand our words.
[35] And it came to pass that the brother of Jared did cry unto the Lord,
and the Lord had compassion upon Jared; therefore he did not confound the
language of Jared; and Jared and his brother were not confounded.
[36] Then Jared said unto his brother: Cry again unto the Lord, and it may
be that he will turn away his anger from them who are our friends, that he
confound not their language.
[37] And it came to pass that the brother of Jared did cry unto the Lord,
and the Lord had compassion upon their friends and their families also, that
they were not confounded.

The confounding of the language of "of all the earth", as described in
Genesis, would have made Jared and his nameless brother and their friends'
and families' trip to the new world impossible
, so the author of the BoM had
to "undo" the Word of God in order to not have a logical fallacy. Instead,
they contradicted the bible to do this.

NUMBER 2:

Contradicting BoM passages:

Ether 1
[43] "And there will I bless thee and thy seed, and raise up unto me of thy
seed, and of the seed of thy brother, and they who shall go with thee, a
great nation. And there shall be none greater than the nation which I will
raise up unto me of thy seed, upon all the face of the earth
. And thus I
will do unto thee because this long time ye have cried unto me."

Here, the Mormon god, speaking to Jared and his nameless brother, said "And
there shall be none greater than the nation which I will raise up unto me of
thy seed."

Now, surely so great a nation (of which there is "none greater") would be
known today. But, I know of no one who has ever heard of a Jaredite. There
is neither historical nor archeological records of any such nation. Not only
that, but the visions given to Nebuchadnezzar and interpreted by Daniel the
prophet, indicated that there wold be 4 great kingdoms...the Babylonian, the
Medo-Persion, the Greek, and the Roman. Now either God of the Bible made a
terrible error and forgot about the Jaredites, or the BoM god lied, or never
existed anyway. The bottom line...a fictional story with fictional
characters.

Oh, by the way, one does not have to drink a whole carton of milk to find
out it is sour...usually one sip tells the whole story. Same with the BoM.
one does not have to read the whole thing to find out it is false. Once one
finds a few blatent plaigerisms of and contradictions to the Bible, there is
no need to continue to waste any more time with it.

Perry