From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Have this attitude in yourselves which was also in Christ Jesus, who, although He existed in the form of God, DID NOT REGARD EQUALITY WITH GOD A THING TO BE GRASPED, BUT EMPTIED HIMSELF, taking the form of a bond-servant, and being made in the likeness of men. Being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross. (Philippians 2:5-8 NASB)

Terry wrote:
>  Note the verse that you supplied.  In particular, note the words form, likeness, and appearance.  Dwell on these.
> Jesus had the form of a man, He looked like a man.

DavidM:
What are you trying to say?  Are you saying that Jesus was a counterfeit man?

Judy:
Counterfeit?  No we are the counterfeits and He is the real. God prepared a body for Jesus in the womb of Mary, yes it was a flesh body with certain limitations but it was not a body of sin with inherited iniquity from the fathers along with the accompanying curses.

DavidM:
The verse clearly indicates that Jesus was in the form of God, but he did not consider it something to hold onto.  He laid that aside, emptying himself, and took the form of a bond-servant.  He suffered death.

Judy:
He was part of the Godhead in heaven and this is what he layed aside; he emptied himself to take up the likeness and appearance of mankind in the body God had prepared for Him in the womb of the virgin Mary....

DavidM:
God cannot die.  Nobody can kill God.  Are you going to argue that his death was an illusion like the Muslims?  If his being a man was an illusion, then his death would have to be an illusion too.

Judy:
That he was a man with sinful flesh is the illusion.

DavidM:
Jesus could be tempted and he could be killed for one reason.  Jesus was a man.  Christ became flesh; he did not just look like flesh.

Judy:
Jesus couldn't be killed, even as a man he was still primarily a spiritual being with a soul and a body. Only his body could be killed. His flesh was sinless flesh; "he became sin for us WHO KNEW NO SIN that we might become the righteousness of God in Him"

Terry wrote:
> There is no doubt that Satan was brazen enough to tempt God Himself.

DavidM:
But Satan is completely unable to tempt the Father.  He was able to tempt Jesus because Jesus was fully man.  If Jesus was only God, then he would not have been able to be tempted.

Judy:
Being tempted does not make Jesus flesh sinful nor does it make him any less God.  A&E were innocent and they were tempted/tested.  It is also possible for God to be tempted (Deut 6:16).  Israel did it at Massah.  Jesus would have done it if he had listened to Satan (Luke 4:12) and the apostles spoke of it (Acts 15:10).

DavidM:
You seemed to ignore the passages that I shared that said Jesus was made a little lower than the angels.  Is God below angels in your perspective?  You have a lot of explaining to do.

Judy:
He was made a "little lower than the angels" for one purpose only and that is the suffering of death after which he was crowned with glory and honor.  Actually all judgment in heaven and on earth had been given him even before he went to the cross.  He said so.

Terry wrote:
But God cannot stop being God for one moment, and God cannot sin, so though Satan TRIED to tempt HIm, the end was never in doubt.

DavidM:
What do you mean by saying that Satan TRIED to tempt him?  Are you saying that Satan tried to tempt him but really was unable to tempt him? Why would angels minister to Jesus after his temptation experiences if he was not truly tempted and enticed just as we are?

Judy:
Because he had been fasting for 40 days and was hungry - he had pushed his physical body to the limit. (I've never done this, have you?)  Also God didn't have a choice, Jesus is the ONLY one who qualified as a spotless and sinless sacrifice with eternal blood flowing in his veins; he knew what lay ahead of Him which was to be scourged for our healing and then hang naked on a Roman cross for our sin and that of the whole world (which as part of the Godhead I'm sure he had observed), that and the accompanying curses...Those angels were God's mercy and I sure am glad he didn't call 10,000 of them to get him down from the cross.

"Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him." (Matthew 4:11 KJV)

"And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."  (Luke 22:41-44 KJV).

Waiting to read Terry's response,

Grace and Peace,
Judy