From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
He could not have said, "Take and eat my old sin ravaged body,"
because He never sinned. He was tempted, but He did not sin.

JT:
I'm glad we can agree on this at least, this is the Presbyterian
professor's thesis.

vince:
Saying that Jesus had a "normal" human body with a built-in fallen
nature is not tantamount to saying He sinned.

JT:
Saying he had a "fallen nature" is tantamount to saying he had a sin
nature whether or not he sinned.  The reason we are born fallen
is because of the "iniquity of the fathers" our inheritance from the
first Adam on.  It comes down through the father so I don't
believe Jesus inherited this at all. IMO and I believe the scriptures
teach he was pure and holy all the way through - but could still
be tempted.

vince:
He overcame His flesh, He overcame the world, and He overcame
the devil, so there's no way He or his body could have been
sin-ravaged.

JT:
Amen to the above....

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 12:03:56 -0500 Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>