Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
From: "Wm. Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
jt wrote >  If they were kept in their place it would not be so bad, but
when they are used as a grid through which to determine
God's truth they become a problematic.

I reply >  Judy, Don't you get it? When we say, "Truth is a Person,"
we are already accepting, without reservations, the grid established by
the very ones you see as being "problematic," the Nicene fathers. Get it?

jt: No Bill, you are the one who does not "get it"
I am not quoting the Nicene fathers when I say that "Truth" is a person.
I am quoting John 14:16. The words of Jesus Himself where he says
"I Am the Truth"

They are the ones who invented the word "person" to express what
their language could not otherwise say about the Godhead and Jesus Christ.
That word spills down to us. We use it today to speak wonderful truths
about the Word of God.

jt: I don't need the Nicene Fathers to spill wonderful truths ABOUT the
Word of God down to me.  I have the Word of God and the promise
to lead me into ALL truth.

judyt

God allows the devil to raise up heretics
to make his people study