Judy wrote:
> They didn't make Him that, He has been
> that from all eternity.

I was using the word "made" in the same vein that you were using it
concerning their recognition of Athanasius's learning.  The point is
that their conclusion in the matter does not validate it or invalidate
it.  The RCC recognized Jesus Christ as the Son of God and the Savior of
all mankind, and they also recognized Athanasius as a man of learning.
You snicker at Athanasius because of the source who recognized him, but
I'm sure you do not snicker at their recognition of Jesus.  Do you see
my point?  Whether the RCC recognizes a person really does not say
anything about whether their conclusion is right or wrong.

Judy wrote:
> Does following an erroneous map lead
> to the right destination?

I'm getting tired now.  Why always the quip toward every little remark?
You don't see anything truthful in my statement at all?  Sometimes a map
with some errors on it also have some truthful representations.  You
cannot conclude that just because you have proven an error exists on the
map that everything on the map is therefore in error.  Time to judge
each matter on its own merits.

Judy wrote:
> What I am against is allowing Church Fathers
> and tradition to interpret scripture rather
> than the Holy Spirit who was sent to the believer
> for this purpose. If you prefer the magisterium
> God will let you have them.

Are you saying that all the church fathers were UNBELIEVERS who were
without the Holy Spirit?  Is it your opinion that everyone in history
was in error and without God until Judy Taylor came along?

I look at church history and the church fathers much like I would
TruthTalk or any other forum that includes believers.  They argued
various issues and brought up rather important arguments that are
timeless.  We should consider them right alongside our own opinions.  No
need to keep reinventing the wheel.  We have the advantage of hindsight,
so why not use it.  We have the advantage of looking at issues being
argued without interjecting all the personal emotions we have toward the
people making the arguments.  We also have the advantage of observing
the historical fruit that came about from the conclusions which they
made.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.