John, Funny you would bring up Glasser—I stumbled upon his theories in nursing school, and he made more sense than all the others put together. He acted as if there was no such thing as “insanity” and treated the patients as if they were capable of behaving normally, and they often did exactly that. One of the few things I still remember….Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 23, 2004 3:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Strawman gets the Bird

In a message dated 3/23/2004 5:38:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If you like looking for him in all the wrong places, how about checking him out or his truth  at a Witches Coven?

I really don't intend to get involved in this discussion BUT it is obvious to me that several are making entirely much to much out of this phrase used by Bill.   I tried to follow this and other threads while in the great northwest.   Looking for God "in all the wrong places"  was Bill's way of saying that his search for truth and God included sources that were not normally credited for revealing God.   No big deal.

Look, I am so very opposed to secular psychology but I do not omit these sources in my personal search for truth.   Bill Glasser is an agnostic (at best) whose "reality therapy" and "control therapy"  is a form of therapy that actually offers the client advise and expects that person to act upon that advice.   Because THAT is in line with biblical teaching, I use what I can  --  scripture being the primary source.   Truth is everywhere and, often, in the most unsuspecting places.

That is what I got out of Bill's side of the discussion.   I venture to say that Bill Taylor is one of the good guys.   Nothing wrong with the discussion or the disagreement but Bill is a brother (for the sake of this list) because he claims Christ as his savior.

John