From: "David Miller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Judy wrote:
> there is no way I can relate to all the philosophy,
> enlightenment teaching, the Nicene fathers, et al
> in your head Bill. but I am a student of God's Word
> and what I write is  either Truth or it is not.
> If you can show me by God's Word where I am wrong
> - then hopefully we can start to communicate.

Let me take a stab at it.  John 1:1-3.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by
him; and without him was not any thing made that was made."  (John 1:1-3
KJV)

The Greek word used in this passage and translated "Word" is "logos."
It means much more than just "word."  It includes the concept of
reasoning itself, and also refers to the actual idea and understanding.
Our English words attach "logos" to the end of words that signify
disciplines of study.  Hence, "bio-logy" is the study of life
(logos=study of, bio=life) and psychology is the study of the mind
(logos=study of, psyche=mind).  Therefore, it seems reasonable to
conclude that if Jesus is the Logos and Jesus is the Truth, then all
studies are something that participates with Jesus Christ.

jt: Jesus created all of it yes, but God is transcendent; and the discipline
of for instance biology is steeped in evolutionary thought so how do
you figure he is involved in all that?  People with minds darkened
by the God of this world trying to figure out how He spoke the
worlds into existence.

ALL THINGS were made by Jesus Christ, and without him was not
anything made that was made.

Therefore, disciplines of study like biology and psychology,
while in actuality being mere child's play, is in fact touching Christ.

jt: Are you saying that because He created ppl that study of the
body and mind of fallen humanity is touching Him?

You may not be able to relate to them, but perhaps that is simply
because it is a part of Christ that you have not yet seen.  It is as if
you are looking at one side of a coin while others observe the other
side of the coin.  Try as you might to convince the others that they are
describing the coin incorrectly, they know what they are looking at.
Maybe it is time for you to consider that they truly are describing a
side of the coin that is hidden from you.

jt: And maybe the coin has Caesar's imprint on it.

judyt

"Man in his pomp is like the beasts
that perish"