Thank you, Kevin.  You said it much better than I did.  It is good to see that we are in agreement.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kevin Deegan
Sent: Wednesday, March 24, 2004 5:28 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] "an open forum for discussing Truth"

Now Now, CONTEXT David.

1 Co 14 What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only? If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of the Lord. But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant

Here we have some that claimed to be spiritual, yet they did not place themselves under the commands of God outlined in His word. If you will not admit the word is the commandments of God, and that they apply to you prophets & Apostles out there, you will have to remain ignorant.

2 Timothy 2 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.But shun profane and vain babblings: for they will increase unto more ungodliness And their word will eat as doth a canker: of whom is Hymenaeus and Philetus; Who concerning the truth have erred

1 Tim 2:20 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck: Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

The CONTEXT is "But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes"

Hymenaeus & Philetus words ate like a canker or Cancer their word destroyed. So paul turned them over to Satan to learn not to Blaspheme. Better Rightly Divide the Word of Truth avoid profane vain bablings!

What did they Blaspheme?

1 tim 6:1 "that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed."

Titus 2:5 "that the word of God be not blasphemed."

David Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bill Taylor wrote:
> Hey David Miller,
> Is it still alright to discuss science
> and philosophy on your forum?

Yes, Bill, it is still alright to discuss science and philosophy. We
are a diverse group of people here. Some are scientists and some are
philosophers, but some think science and philosophy are paths that lead
away from Christ.

It really is interesting how one interprets the concept that Jesus
Christ is Truth. To some of us, we understand this to mean that all
disciplines of study ultimately are studies of Christ and find their
greatest fulfillment in acknowledging that. Others interpret it to mean
that only by reading the Bible and praying can one learn truth.

I heartily recommend you learn which people are going to appreciate what
you share and which people are not. Ignore somewhat those among us who
are ignorant. Did not Paul say:

"But if any man be ignorant, let him be ignorant." (1 Corinthians 14:38
KJV)

Also, it is good for us to remember that it is not good for a man of God
to strive.

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all
men, apt to teach, patient..." (2 Timothy 2:24 KJV)