Thank you, John.

I think we were actually tracking different branches of the Polanyi thread. When I responded I was intending to discuss this with DavidM. and Izzy, in reference to Enlightenment rationalism.  I was not expecting to get into the middle of what you had said about Paul. My apologies for any confusion I may have caused.

Bill
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 9:21 PM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] POLYANYI

In a message dated 3/26/2004 7:31:46 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

Great, well said, wonderful, bravo. But what does any of it have to do with what Newbigin and I were saying?

Yeeeks.  You got me.

I have to confess  --  I did not understand much of what Newbigin was saying.   The idea of the gap, what determines opinion and so on.   I guess I did not know what you were talking about so I pretended to know what I was talking about.

In my defense, I will say the reference to Newbigin seemed to be an intrusion. Since I had never heard of Newbigin, I was talking about Paul's concept.   If you would not mind too much, maybe restate that post or at least explain how the concepts mentioned in your post had practical value to my observations and, more to the point, Paul's concept of faith as expressed in Romans 14.

Thanks

John