In a message dated 4/1/2004 6:40:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

I think the continuous case is appropriate here

Thanks Bill.  Mounce gives the "ing" English endings for the present tense application in the book I have on page 352 I believe.  It was taught to me in first year Greek.  No one has ever questioned it before.  I will continue using it in the way I did.  The quote David offers from Mounce is exactly what I am saying.  Maybe I did not communicate that as I should have.   I don't know.  But thanks for the impute.

One other matter -- if any has any doubts or concerns about me because of Jim Elsman, feel totally free to off-list your concerns  ---  nothing to hide here.  Jim thrives on causing trouble.  I saved some of his "classics" from the past just in case he turned out to be someone who follows people around and does what he does.  You will note that I do not answer him  --  but he knows that if he says stuff often enough, some will listen.  He actually knows next to nothing about me.  He also loves to torment David Miller  --  more than me.   Just ignore it.  But I will gladly answer any concerns.

John