In a message dated 6/29/2004 6:34:47 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

What sickens me most is that only Lance has had the guts to stand up against this aberrant teaching (actually Terry did come forth and say that you may not always be right in your interpretation here â you blasted him with your, âI didnât say it, God didâ line that is so tiresome).  This is a 4 year old girl with leukemia and we are blaming her and her father for it and we think we have scripture to back this up?  Shame on the rest of the group.

Jonathan

Please do not assume that since we did not weigh in, we must necessarily agree with Judy. I, for one, do not agree with Judy. I also read her post concerning her son-in-law and came away with the same impression as you. She is cornered and must find someone to blame for her granddaughter's illness. I did not respond, quite frankly, because I am tired of arguing with Judy. Perhaps a chorus of voices is what is needed to change some people's minds; I do not get that impression with Judy. If the sound doctrine and reproof of one brother can not teach her, nothing will reach her. Her mind is set.

Bill

Jonathan, I  have taken a more subtle stance than in the past regarding this forum.   There are so many good exchanges that I find it beneficial to read, listen to what I have read, and ask more questions.

I do not view JudyT and her comments as heretical.   I do not agree with her understanding of scripture on the point in question.   Jenna is receiving the kind of attention she needs.  Her grandmother's views have nothing to do with the little one's prognosis and recovery.   To press the matter is to do what you say you dislike in many of JudyT's responses.

JudyT is extremely well read but often a little hard  with her rebuttals.  She certainly is family (a sister in Christ) and needs the patience of the rest of us  -------  especially at such a time as this. More than this, she remains in the TT forum.   That should say something about her regard for the rest of us.  In fact, I seem to remember a time or two when she has given this forum it's positive due.   Be that as it may  --  our response to her and each other is not fashioned as a causal  circumstance to others but to Christ within us.  I can't even count the number of times I have forgotten that rule of new life, but it is in full memory as I write.  The full miracle of God in partnership with each of us is seen in the absolute fact that His will is working in us IN SPITE OF even our mistaken opinions about the meaning of scripture.   You of all will agree with this last statement.

So, preach on brother Jonathan.   Many of us watch, listen, agree and wait for the next exchange.

a brother,

John Smithson