First Adam = fallen flesh
Second Adam = Lifegiving Spirit

From: "Lance Muir" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Adam, Jesus, Judy=same human nature.

In a message dated 8/18/2004 2:35:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

jt: Genesis 1:26 tells us that Adam was made in the "image of God" which would make him a spirit being. Spirit communes with Spirit and Adam communed with God in the cool of the day before the breach took place.  Adam became just like us after the fall when, because of his own choice darkness flooded his being and he became separated from God.  He was still spirit, soul, and body, but his spirit walked in a different reality and Seth was born in the image of Adam rather than the image of God (see Genesis 5:3)

John writes: Genesis  1:26 does not reference the creation of Adam.   The passage cannot be translated "let us make Adam in our image"  because of the "male and female created He them" phrase.   I do not understand why this is not clear?

I don't have a problem with it John. Both man and woman are created basically as "spiritual beings"

Genesis 1:26 speaks of "mankind" not  Adam.  I Co 15 speaks of the first man Adam as being "earthy" (NSAV).  There is no alternative teaching in scripture.   I don't even know what a "spirit being" is?   I think Lance ask you about this.  And I am asking now.  What is a spirit being and how is he different from me and what scripture supports your point?

Why would one assume that Genesis 1:26 means "mankind" in general?  Do you think that Genesis 2:15 speaks of "mankind" in general also?  That God took all of them and put them in the garden of Eden to tend and keep it John?  I just believe it says what it means and means what it says, that is, when it says "man" it means "man" singular.  What is a spirit being?  We are all spirit beings who have a soul and who live in a body (mobile home).

Here is a scripture with comment that you did not address.  It sems to be something speaks to your belief that Adam was a spirit being.   I must tell you that I your view on this is most unusual.  The first Adam was man, earthy in all aspects  (I Co 15:45-48.). From this scripture, I understand that Adam was man, not spirit.   I do agree with that last sentence "..Adam was spirit, soul, and body" because that is what I am.  As I read I Cor 15, the biblical message draws the conclusion that Adam was a man just like me.   I need a scripture that presents a different conclusion.

I am not referring to "spirit" like in ghost John. I believe Adam was spirit with a soul and a body just like us - when he fell his being was flooded with darkness (satan is also spirit) rather than light and there was a breach in his relationship with God.  What kind of a translation do you have that reads as the above?

NSAV.  I don't understand your reference to "ghost."  You say that "Adam ... [was] just like us."  How can you say that and then assert that he was different?   I don't get it.

I'm not asserting that Adam was "different" from us.  It's just that we've been taught such a mental Greek/Westernized way of looking at things to the point that we are blind to the spiritual reality we live in from day to day.

Specifically, this statement is what I am having trouble with:
Adam became just like us after the fall when,...........     What biblical statement can you point to that verifies this belief.

We were all born into this world in the image or likeness of the first Adam (we are born fallen) and it is only possible to regain the "image of God" (which is the way Adam was before the fall) - "In Christ"  One scripture would be 1 Cor 15:49.

Where in your reference does Paul tells us that Adam's nature ws different than ours, today?

Genesis 1:27 tells me that God created Adam & Eve in His image which means they were spiritual beings and their nature was innocent and holy just like His.  Our nature today is not like that until we allow Him to change us from glory to glory into the same image as that of the Lord.  People hold two extreme views about Christ. Some such as the incarnationalists say he was same as the first Adam with a fallen nature that did not sin. Others say He was God incarnate. However, He never claimed to be the Father; in fact he said the Father was greater than He.  He was an example of how Adam was before the fall and how we are to become in Him see: 2 Cor 3:18, 2 Cor 4:4; Col 1:15.

I understand you argument that God is Spirit, therefore Adam was a spirit being.  Do we then conclude that God is "masculine"  therfore so was Eve?  The reason why that question is rediculous is that 1:26 is not talking about Adam and Eve per se  -- they are included, of course, but so are all of us as "mankind."  Don't you think this is difficult point for your understanding?

No - He made them male and female.  Adam is a male spirit being and Eve is a female spirit being. Satan is an evil spirit being, and angels are servant spirit beings.  I don't think this is a difficult point.  We are all born spirit beings, sadly more in tune with the wrong spirit but nonetheless spirit beings.  jt

Then Adam and Eve were created like Satan, in terms of the kind of being they were.

No John Genesis 1:26 tells us that God made both man and woman in His image and after His likeness.  We know that God is Spirit (John 4:24) and so someone made in His image would also of necessity have to be spirit.  God is holy, so this would be another requirement. Satan may be a spirit being but he is nothing like God.

And that changed after the "fall?"   I was hoping that you could justify your opinion with some applied acripture.

Where have you been?  I've been basing everything I've written on scripture and posting the scriptures as I go along.

I am not trying to be Mr Snurdly, but so far there is only your logic

I don't mind a challenge but I don't understand what the problem is. This is not MY logic. What I believe comes from Genesis without any additions or added explanations.  jt