I am glad we post and repost.   Here is a post from Slade, asking some very good questions that did I not get to my mailbox. I will try to get to it tonight.   We shall see.  I will ignore the "gnostic" observation since it really has nothing to do with what I am saying.

John   ( think your question about the "law ' and the "spirit" is a great question.   It will be interesting to see just what the scriptures say on that point.

John (again)

n a message dated 8/20/2004 4:00:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

There is but ONE covenant. The Abrahamic covenant is that ONE. This covenant is fulfilled through Jesus, the obedient Israelite. I totally concur with the 'platonic/gnostic' remark. Gnosticism is present within society at large and, in the churches.

From: Slade Henson
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: August 19, 2004 18:28
Subject: [TruthTalk] It is the law or the spirit. I have no desire to be placed under law -- kinda like Paul

Can I ask a few questions?

Many people claim they are New Covenant believers. Can you specify exactly what that means? Please use the definition of New Covenant as given in Jeremiah 31.31-37, paying close attention to verse 34 and keeping that verse within its most important context.
Why is there a perceived dichotomy between Law and Spirit? This is a Platonic/Gnostic concept that you have swallowed from your teachers who have swallowed it from their fore bearers. In fact, the prophet Ezekiel spoke of a day when HIS SPIRIT would write TORAH on our HEARTS and HE [the Spirit] would give us the means and the heart to actually OBEY! Please refer to Ezekiel 36.26-27. This prophecy was fulfilled in Acts chapter 2. Donât you have this same Spirit?
Like Paul, I would hope you would have this kind of testimony at the end of your life: [Read Acts 28.17-18 for an excerpt of his testimony, keeping in mind the words found in Hebrews 10.28].

-- slade