Iz:No it (the cross) is not central!  What IS central is WHO is on the cross. But, what about that which preceded it (His life) and, followed it (death, descent, resurrection & ascent)???????????Hmmmmmmmmmm? Don't be theologically myopic.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: August 21, 2004 14:05
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Christians' authority over nature

John, Thank you for clarifying.  Kruger sees the cross (and forgiveness it provides) simply as fringe benefits of the gospel; this is the centerpiece of every cult.  I am very wary of any theology that diminishes the need for repentance and holiness, and ignores the centrality of the Blood of Christ as the crux of our redemption.  The cross is the fulcrum upon which all of the universe is leveraged. Fellowship is wonderful.  But holiness is essential to true Relationship with Him. “Western” theology does not see Jesus as just sitting on the sideline after His job is done.  We see Him as ever interceding for us and enabling us to live sinlessly. Izzy