John, Paul was referring to the OT Law (or sometimes Talmud law) whenever he referenced the Law.  Most early Christians were Jews, well associated with the Law. According to Romans, all are judged by the right and wrong that they know in their hearts, whether from the written Law or not. Lance is incorrect: God has given us a conscience to know right from wrong (at least until we have seared it.) Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 9:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Christians' authority over nature

In a message dated 8/20/2004 5:52:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John, I’m just trying to hammer out a definition here.  Do you or don’t you agree that when Paul was saying “Law” he was speaking of the OT Commandments??? I’m too busy to curl up by the fireplace. Izzy

Shame on you.   If you would sit down and really take a good long look at both passages, you would, I think, see why I say some of the things I say.

But to answer your question,  Paul is not talking about the Old Law in Ro 2:12 --16 except to use it as an illustration that  any law is in view.   A Gentile would, typically, not be a keeper of the Mosaical System.

What do you think happens to the Gentile in outer Mongolia who has never heard the gospel and then dies?   I have an answer (Ro 2"12-16) and you do not.

John