Thank you for correcting my misunderstanding. I will not be silent on the conditions provided in Romans 4â With my schedule and family responsibilities (Fulltime work, six children and a wife, 12 credit hours of Seminary), please be patient with my seeming lack of response.

By the way, I wrote Deuteronomy 16.15-19. I should have written Deuteronomy18.15-19.

-- slade

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 4:11 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Baton Bob

Slade:  your interest and defense of law is evident even in your style of writing.  I will work on a response while on my trip to the coast but a few comments in the mean time.  First, I wanted a reconciliation for Romans 4:13-25.  I mistakenly referred to the 5th chapter.

"...so what" is an endearing phrase asking the opponent for application.   I could have written " and as a consequence, how does that apply to your point and my question."  My phraseology is profound in that it is much more to the point of my concern and succinctly recorded.

You wrote that my opinion was one born of ignorance, implying that your opinion was not. You defended your comment by admitting that you are ignorant of many things  -- but that was not your point in the response.   You were saying that you were right and I was wrong, but more than that  -- your belief was right and mine was of ignorance.   I do not use those kinds of words to typify  the opposition.   "Ignorance" carries with it the nuance of being devoid of knowledge or education.  I did not dwell on my criticism but it remains a criticism, nonetheless.  I can handle someone saying that my particular belief is ignorant  -- hope you can as well  -- since it is apparently not an offensive term.

You imply that I said we preach two different gospels.  Nowhere in my post do I say that.
Reconcile this passage to Romans 4:13 - 25.  (I originally wrote 5:13-25) I believe that I have previously asked this question.  Silence.  And I do get nothing but silence on this  when I place it into the discussion with those who believe in holiness in terms of law keeping Please notice that I left off comments about your ignorance or refusal to consider the biblical truth of my comments.  I left off your obvious tactic of proof-texting to establish your theory and omitted any reference or inference to the preaching of a false gospel.  I not only left it off  -- I no longer think that way. reread that last phrase  You are presenting out of an honest heart.   So am I.   I hope you see the point.   (you didn't)

Perhaps an apology for the use of âignoranceâ is appropriate. If so, please correct me and instruct me on a more politically correct term because Iâm at a loss here. Would some derivation of âunawareâ be a softer and more preferable term?

Ok  --  the scholars I have on my shelves, when they disagree, they simply present their point and then add  (i.e.)  "AT Robertson and Metzger argue otherwise ............. [and their point if often presented]"    Is it really necessary to let me know that I am wrong, mistaken or a believer in false doctrine, or ignorant on this particular point.  I can figure out if you agree with me.  All you have to say is "that is not the way I look at it."  I enjoy discussing the bibilical message  --  and if you really do keep records, you will know that I have held up I Co 8:1-4 more than anyone on this list   --  and I mean that i have envoked that very scripture, not that I am the only one who thinks he could be wrong.)