I think so, yes. Honestly, I'm still sorting out how the former (faithfulness of Jesus) encompasses the latter (our participation).

Many of the posts recently seem to 'detach and separate'. We need to be thinking in ways which are PERSONAL & EMBODIED.

We indwell and are indwelt by HIM. Every utterance of that reality is an approximation. All disagreements take place over the latter by necessity.

Sent: September 06, 2004 23:55
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Re:The Faith of Jesus Christ-Gal 3:1-4:11

In a message dated 9/5/2004 3:15:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

See the book similarly titled by Richard B. Hays. It suggests an implicit narrative that is shared by Paul and his readers. And the heart of that story of Jesus is the faith of the Messiah. Paul does believe that humans are put into right relationship with God through faith. It is not through their own faith, however, but through the faith of Jesus Christ.

Lance  -- question.   The illustration by Paul on the point of faith in the place of righteousness is that of Abraham receiving the promise.  In the text, Ro 4:3, "Abraham believed and it (Abraham's belief) was considered as righteousness.  "  Am I too narrow in my contextual view, here, or what?

the student,
J David Smithson