From my perspective, sin is much more than a consideration in the mind of God, and so is righteousness. From my perspective, when we believe in Jesus Christ, we become justified before God, not because he considers faith for righteousness, but because faith appropriates in a real way the righteousness of Christ and we become a new creature.

I see the passion of Christ in the garden, before his crucifixion, as an expression of the inner turmoil Christ had with his sinful flesh. I see his agony on the cross, crying out, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me" to be an expression based upon a reality that he was experiencing, being made sin, the very thing that God loaths. Such gives me faith to walk in holiness, despite the screams of my sinful flesh.

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org