Jesus and the Father are ONE. Why do you separate
their commandments as if they are two. Jesus' commands
and God's commands are one in the same. Jesus quotes
the Law all of the time and says obey MY commandments.
He followed God's commandements perfectly.

And while we are at it so did Paul. And, Paul was
after the cross. Philipians 3:5-6- "circumcised the
eight day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of
Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; as to the Law, a
Pharisee; as to zeal, a persecutor of the church; as
to RIGHTEOUSNESS WHICH IS IN THE LAW, found
blameless." If Paul is really speaking against the Law
why does he waste his time following it blamelessly.

Yes, we are to love. But if you look at the Law you
would see that each Law has to do with either loving
God or loving your neighbor. If you are unwilling to
follow the Law then you are missing the instructions
of how to love the Lord your God with all of your
heart and how to love your neighbor as yourself.

I also agree that we have someone greater than Moses.
We have Jesus. Moses was used by God to write His
commandments. Jesus is the Law. John 1:1- In the
beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and
the Word WAS God. If you say any part of the Word is
invalid than you are saying that some part of God is
invalid.

Hebrews speaks of the order of Melchizedek. Jesus is
that High Priest. Of course God had to set up a
perfect priesthood so that we could be with Him for
eternity. Man is sinful. Man could not have possibly
been the bridge to God because man is sinful. But,
just because he set up a new priest does not mean that
this new priest does not have to follow the Laws God
made for sacrifices. As a matter of fact, they would
have to follow the Law perfectly in order for their
sacrifice for the people to be acceptable for
eternity. There are other sacrifices and offerings
that were made on the altar besides the sin
sacrifices.

You avoided my question if we are adopted sons and
daughters of God why don't we have to follow God's
Law? I said it that way so that you would understand
my little "House rules." What family are you adopted
into? Is there a separation between God's family and
Jesus' family?

Romans 11 is talking about the Gentiles knowing
salvation and being grafted in the rich root of the
olive tree. The rich root of the olive tree is the
family of God. It also warns the Gentiles about being
arrogant toward the natural branches because it is the
root that supports you not you supporting the root. By
ignoring that rich root you are a branch that is
independent of the olive tree. If God did not spare
the natural branches, He will not spare you either.

Suzy

--- Judy Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> From: Susan Petersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> If the Levitical Priesthood is no longer relevant
> than why do we need
> Jesus as our High Priest? And if we are
> no longer supposed to do the feasts why are we going
> to be doing them in
> the Millenial Kingdom? Also, if we
> consider ourselves adopted sons and daughters of
> Christ why don't we have
> to follow the House rules?
>
> Hi Susan and welcome to TT. Jesus our High Priest is
> after another order.
> He is after the order of Melchizidec which was
> before the Aaronic
> Levitical priesthood and is eternal.  Where in
> scripture do you get the
> term "House rules?" Are you culturaly Jewish also?
>
> Following the Law is not a thing that we do to earn
> our salvation! We
> follow God's Law because we love him and want to
> obey him. John 14:15- If
> you love Me, you will obey my commandments.
>
> jt: Yes but now on the other side of the cross we
> are as Paul who says in
> 1 Cor 9:21 "Being not without the law to God but
> under the law of Christ"
> - which we can go into later if you wish.
>
> Jesus quotes the Law all the time. Also, John 15:
> 9-11- Just as the
> Father has loved Me, I have also loved you ; abide
> in my love. If you
> keep my commandments, you will abide in My love;just
> as I have kept My
> Father's commands and abide in
> His love. These things I have spoken to you so that
> My joy may be in you,
> and that your joy may be complete.
>
> jt: And what are Jesus' Commandments?
>
> Knowing and believing Moses and the Prophets is a
> must. Luke 16: 27-31:
> When the rich man asked to have someone  warn his
> brothers to believe,
> Jesus told him that they had Moses and the Prophets
> and that his brother
> should hear them. v. 31- But he said to him, "If
> they do not listen to
> Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded
> even if someone rises
> from the dead.
>
> jt: Yes I'm familiar with that parable but now we
> have someone greater
> than Moses; we have the prophet promised in
> Deuteronomy 18:18,19 and it
> is His words we must hear..
>
> John 5:46-47- For if you believed Moses, you would
> believe Me, for he
> wrote about Me. But if you do not believe his
> writings, how will you
> believe My words?
>
> jt: We need to understand this in balance and in
> context. Jesus was
> speaking to people born under the law (Mosaic
> Covenant); we have not
> been.  We have been born under a covenant of grace.
>
> Matthew 5:17-20 tells exactly what Jesus came to do
> in reference to the
> Law. "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or
> the Prophets; I did
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.
www.yahoo.com