From: Susan Petersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
My husband has a theory on the shadow of things to come. He says that in order for there to be a shadow
there has to be a real object or person casting that shadow. Jesus is the real person casting the shadow.
If we take away the shadow then we take away Jesus who is casting that shadow. Suzy

jt: Suzy your husband's theory makes scientific sense but when applied to the ceremonial system given to Moses on the mount.  The real was the heavenly sanctuary and Moses was told to make everything exactly according to the pattern that was given to him ie:

"On earth there are those who offer gifts according to the Law who serve a copy and a shadow of the heavenly things, just as Moses was warned by God when he was about to erect the tabernacle for, "See He says that you make all things according to the pattern which was shown you on the mountain" (Exodus 25:40, Hebrews 8:4,5).

and of the heavenly....
Therefore it was necessary for the copies of the things in the heavens to be cleansed with these, but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. For Christ did not enter a holy place made with hands, a mere copy of the true one, but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us" (Hebrews 9:23,24)