In a message dated 11/17/2004 7:23:52 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John wrote:
>David,  why in the world can you not simply say,
>"I think this is wrong?"  I don't understand why
>you persist on couching the views of others,
>views you disagree with, in complete opposition
>to the biblical message.

I do not characterize all views as anathema.  I characterized the viewpoint
that no man can ever be faithful to himself or others as anathema.  I stand
by that characterization.

AND MY CRTICAL QUESTION REMAINS UNANSWERED.

Furthermore, let us not lose sight of the fact that the viewpoint I
characterized as such was simply a hypothetical viewpoint.  To my knowledge,
nobody on this list has ever claimed to believe such a viewopint.

SO YOU WERE MAKING A CRITICAL OBSERVATION ABOUT NOTHING THAT WAS A PART OF THIS FORUM?    VERRRRRRRRYYYYY  IN  TEAR ESTING.

I also hope you recognize that some views demand a strong stand (see Jesus
doing it in Mat. 23).  Other views can be objected to with more palatable
terms.

NO I DON'T.   HARSHNESS IS RESERVED FOR THE PRPPHETS OF GOD.   YOU ARE NO PROPHET .

John wrote:
>It is arrogant  ("I am definitely right and your views
>are apostate")  and once again, such comments have
>NOTHING to do with continued discussion.

I'm sorry, John, that you seem unable to discuss an issue with someone who
vehemently disagrees with you.

DID I SAY THAT COULDN'T DISCUSS WITH SOMEONE WHO IS RUDE AND HARSH IN HIS RESPONSE.   NOT THE CASE, GRASSHOPPER.    I WILL RESPOND AND DO SO WITH GUSTO  --  BUT I WILL REJECT HARSHNESS AND RUDENESS AMONG BRETHREN ON EVERY OCCASION.   GET USED TO IT.

I do it all the time. It seems to me to be

much easier to discern truth between two parties discussing something for
which they both have strong convictions at opposite ends.  Maybe I have been
watching the Fox news channel too much.  :-)

What makes my viewpoint here not arrogant is that it is not my viewpoint.
It is God's viewpoint.

IF YOU ONLY KNEW JUST HOW FUNNY THIS SENTENCE IS, DAVID.    AND I MEAN FUNNY AS IN LAUGHTER.   IT IS THE VERY ESSENCE OF ARROGANCE TO CONFUSE ONE'S OPINIONS WITH GOD'S VIEWPOINT.     IF YOU REALLY THINK THIS TO BE TRUE, WE ARE NOT HAVING A DISCUSSION  --  WE ARE HAVING A DIALONGUE ON MY PART AND MONOLOGUE ON YOUR PART.   HOW COULD IT BE ANY OTHER WAY.   YOUR VIEW IS GOD'S VIEW  --  NO CHANCE OF CHANGE ON THAT ONE  --  SO ALL THAT YOU SAY ON THIS SITE IN MILLER/GOD TO THE FORUM.   IS THAT A CORRECT UNDERSTANDING.

I have absolutely no doubt about it.  That's faith.

That's integrity.  It is not arrogance.  It might look like arrogance, but
it is not.  On this point, I am right because God says I am right and my
viewpoint is not mine but God's.

????????

Look at it this way.  Suppose someone were to write that Jesus Christ never
existed but was invented by men desiring to create a new religion.  If I
said that such a view was anathema, Anti-Christ, and a doctrine of demons,
would you think that I was arrogant?

AND YOU SEE THE BELIEFS OF LANCE, MYSELF, JONATHAN, SLADE, JUDYT, BILLY-T, AS EQUAL TO THE ANTI-CHRIST, DOCTRINE OF DEMONS?   YES OR NO.   IF NO, THE ABOVE QUESTION PROVES NOTHING.   IF YES  --  WELL, I WILL HAVE TO RECONSIDER MY STAY ON THIS FORUM.

jOHN