perhaps sin has certain concrete qualities (sins), e.g.,  i seen a sleight of hand in the cookie jar while evil has certain abstract qualities, e.g., what transpired in the rise and fall of the 3rd reich(?);
but what's the fundamental diff betw the rise and fall of the 3rd reich as a story told by whose biographer/s(?)  and a shrug that translates to  'i was starvd and i really thought you wouldn't mind if i tried to satisfy myself with a handful of your cookies and gave a few to my best friends...' ?

(both 'explanations' may be laden with myth:)