In a message dated 11/27/2004 8:11:31 PM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

He can make exceptions to His rules any time He wants to,

I have trouble seeing it this way.  It seems to me that God is not
capricious.

Central to the idea of capriciousness is the notion of impulsiveness.   What Terry said is right on, IMO,  because the objection using caprice as the opposing argument implies that one cannot make a thoughful and deliberate decision to act in different ways to similar circumstance.

God, for example, made a thoughtful and deliberate decision to not destroy the world with water after doing so in the days of Noah.  Caprice?  Absolutely not.  But some would argue otherwise.

John