----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, December 02, 2004 8:58 AM
Subject: RE: [TruthTalk] Toward a (biblical) Unilateral Covenant

No, Lance, I honestly cannot.  Can You???  Please answer:  If someone only told you one rule: “Love God”, how on earth would you know how to do that w/o His commandments telling you how??? Izzy

Are you saying that you do not believe that the whole law is fulfilled in the two commandments  --   or as Lance has so aptly put, the one commandment?   the Gentile without the law in Romans 2  --   would he know that sodomy is wrong?   He didn't have a legal statement from God on this.
John

No one knew everything that God approved/disapproved until He gave us His word. Be real. Izzy

I'm not wanting to get caught up in the controversy here, just trying to set it in the context of John's question (for my own benefit as much as for yours): "for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)" Romans 2.14-15. John, I assume this is the passage you had in mind.

Press on.

Bill