-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of David Miller
Sent: Saturday, 15 January, 2005 21.00
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: [TruthTalk] Two Moderators Now

Dear TruthTalk Members,

I talked with Slade on the phone tonight and we agreed to make some changes.
Please consider carefully the following changes we are implementing for the
list right now:

1.  I will be added as a moderator, so TruthTalk has two moderators now:
Slade Henson and David Miller.

2.  The personal attacks must stop.  So effective immediately, both Slade
and I will rigorously enforce the no ad hominem argument rule.  This means
no personal attacks against TruthTalk members is allowed.

3.  The way we will enforce this rule is to send a public post to the list
which will have the word *Reprimand* in the subject line.  If you see a post
from Slade or me with *Reprimand* in the subject line, please read the post
but do not reply to it.  This subject line indicates that we are speaking as
a moderator and not as a list member.  If you have a problem with what is
being said or how we are enforcing the rule, you may write to us off the
list.  If you write us off the list, please send the post to both Slade and
me.

4.  We recognize that there are some grey areas regarding this rule, and
that some personal judgment is involved.  We will try and be as fair as we
can.  The goal is for the list to be a place where we can discuss
differences without attacking the character or motives of the person
speaking.  We will likely have blind spots concerning who crosses the line
and who doesn't.  If you think we have not acted when we should, feel free
to write us off list about it.  Also consider being patient and returning a
harsh word with kindness.  A soft answer turns away wrath.  I expect there
will be times when we don't act, but don't really have to act because the
person being addressed returns the aggression with kindness and future posts
mellow out as a result.

5.  As of right now, we are not going to act on past posts.  Why?  Because
we would probably end up reprimanding everybody except Dave Hansen! :-)
Let's kiss and makeup right now.  If you cross the line in any post after
this one, then we will act vigorously to stop the ad hominem attacks.
Expect more vigor in enforcement over the next few days as we attempt to
bring the list back in order.  Hopefully we will be able to back off more as
people get the idea of how to discuss differing views in a more genteel
manner.

David Miller