John wrote:
> Intentions have nothing to do with it.   That is the part
> some on this forum do not understand.    When one
> contrasts supposed "traditions" to his/her's study of
> God's Word,  we see both arrogance and put down
> in one single breath.

Intentions do have SOMETHING to do with it, but not everything.  The thing
that is starting to go wrong here is that Judy is dealing with something
personal... why Slade and her do not agree.  Slade asked a personal
question, and Judy answered it.  She had no intention of insulting Slade.
She was trying to answer his question.  Her answer is quite logical
considering how Slade admits to studying tradition and the importance of
tradition, something that Judy does not value quite so much.  Her answer
appears factual, and the only reason why anybody would be offended by it as
far as I can tell is if they think something is wrong with being focused on
tradition "right now."  Please notice the right now part of her answer,
because it seems to show how Judy sees this is perhaps a temporary thing in
Slades studies.

This gets into one of the gray areas that I have mentioned.  In my opinion,
it does not cross over into an ad hominem attack because the answer was
solicited by Slade to begin with.  However, it does get close, which is why
you said, "possibly" an insult.

Let's just leave this whole thread be.  There are other things to discuss.