In a message dated 2/1/2005 6:28:48 AM Pacific Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

John wrote:
>I have noticed over the years  ---   some
>41 years of ministry I might add and proudly
>so, that those who claim sinless perfectionism
>"by the power of the Indwelling" are the very
>one's who exhibit the most severe of sin problems.

John, who specifically are you talking about when you talk about those "who
claim sinless perfectionism"?  Although I have been erroneously accused of
this on the list, you know that I have clarified that this label does not
apply to my position.  I don't think there is anyone on this list that uses
this label, so I can only assume that you have someone in mind that is not
in this forum.  Can you tell us a little more about these sinless
perfectionists you know?

I'm intrigued by your comment because the sinless perfectionists I have
known do not believe in the "power of the Indwelling" as being how a person
overcomes sin.  All of the sinful perfectionists in history that I have read
about also do not believe in this power of the Indwelling being necessary.
They are Pelagianists who do not believe in the sinful nature of man.  They
believe that man simply chooses to do what is right.  Do you know some
sinful perfectionists that believe in sinless perfectionism by the power of
the Indwelling?  Who are they?  Where do they live?  Tell us more about
their beliefs.  Do any of them have a web site or articles that we can read?

David Miller.

I equate the teachings of Charles Finney, claims that sin is in no wise present in the faithful believer and the fantasy that issues such as  envy, conceit, selfishness are only sources for sin and not sinful in and of themselves   --     I equate all that with the notion of "sinless perfectionism."   Such IS a present belief on this forum and is worthy of discussion.    You and others are not the first in my years of life to hold to this life.  In my statement, I referenced all for whom I have a memory of this teaching.   Absolutely none of these hold to a position that could be defined as "Pelagianists ."   Virtually all of them are Legalist  --   demanding that their belief systems are required by others.

John