Try it with your wife

Thats what happened with all those other details also.

Some of the most unusual excuses since I caught the kids in the cookie jar

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

BLAINE: Thank you for taking time to look these up. But I see no problem here. The names Nephi and Moroni both sound a lot alike--it is likely people got the two confused when writing down what they heard Joseph say.
Also, the first vision and the angelic visit are separate events: the first vision took place in the wooded area near the Smith home, now referred to as the "Sacred Grove," when Joseph was if his fifteenth year--about 1820. All accounts of this event mention two individuals, and that they were identical in appearance.
The visit from the angel took place later, on September 21, 1823, in the Smith home, after Joseph Smith had prayed to find out his standing before God--by that time, he had related the story of the first vision to many people, and persecution, reviling and all manner of evil speaking against him had immediately arisen, mostly from ministers of the various religions, but apparently from many others as well. He states in his 1838 history that "I was led to say in my heart: why persecute me for telling the truth? I have actually seen a vision, and who am I that I can withstand God? . . . "

Click the links for scans of the documents Balaine

Kevin Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
"He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi." Millennial Star, vol. 3, p. 53 (1842)

"Again, when we read the history of our beloved brother, Joseph Smith, and of the glorious ministry and message of the angel Nephi" Millennial Star, vol. 3, p. 71 (1842)

Joseph Smith - "When I first looked upon him I was afraid, but the fear soon left me. He called me by name, and said unto me, that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi." 1851 Pearl of Great Price, p. 41 (1851)

Joseph Smith - "He called me by name, and said unto me, that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Nephi." Times and Seasons, vol. 3, p. 753 (1842)

Lucy Mack Smith, also said the angel's name was Nephi (Biographical Sketches, p. 79).

Thomas Bullock Journal - In a journal entry Thomas Bullock claims that the name of the messenger was Nephi.

John Whitmer Statement - This statement as recorded in Reorganized Church History acknowledges the messenger to have been Nephi.

BLAINE: Hmm, maybe you ought to print the version with NEPHI as the angel, Kevin, along with a source. I don't seem to find it in my book along with all the others. (:

Why was there NO account UNTIL 1832 and it did not even have 2 personages in it just an Angel NEPHI
Is that added information or something to be removed in a LATER version?
Technically not a contradiction just a small problem that can be excised by some revision & editing.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote:

Kevin wrote:
The First vision is dated 1820. I am sure you are aware of the many different versions

BLAINE: I am fully aware of the different versions. No contradictions, however, although they sometimes add information not present in other versions. Some versions are not from Joseph, but are second-hand versions as others have retold what they recall from Joseph telling them. They are all written in a 2 volume set of books called THE PAPERS OF JOSEPH SMITH, published by Deseret Book.