the style of the post, below, is appreciated--it simply, but effectively, recognizes the fact that most detailed data, reporters info, corollary pics, etc., are best left to be viewed on their original servers--topics of interest can be isolated and addressed here via 'cut and paste' (e.g., of specific quotes) and by summarizing

ftr, one of my pt jobs is the 'Web master' of http://coloradoover50baseball.org ; usually, on such sites/servers the Web master includes a method to e-mail the link in question to someone who may be interested in the contents of that Web page--IMO, good web masters won't allow material over load on narrow avenues of already high volume Web traffic, even if the info in question is theirs and, in their estimation, the content is 'very good stuff'

also, now addressing another aspect of TT posting that DavidM asked me concentrate upon, partic for myself, 'traffic' goes beyond foregoing issue, the length, volume or quantity of info posted--it has to do with the quality of (my) posts

maybe other TT posters will take it to heart (while i do) to give preference to posting wisely in less posts as opposed to numerous less valuable (perhaps 'junk') replies to a miscellaneous variety of posts--e.g., jt is getting pretty good at posting this way, i think

ftr, David Miller, the TT list owner, is suggesting to try to summarize the variety of posts that interest you into a key concept or an outline of concepts to focus upon, to quote correctly, and, therefore, to answer more wisely--perhaps a few less soda pops per week consumed, more meat per week to eat, in sum

the (nutritional) wisdom of t/his request seems to be that though disagreements persist and always will, the actual points of disagreement are important to focus upon--it means that brevity is cool, but it's not necessary; waxing eloquently, at length, is fine, not necessary, but you, the poster/s, addressing key ideas consistently, thoughtfully, is crucial to actual 'truth talk'

if necessary, one may retreat from posting--no problem; this means feel free to be quiet for a while to think more about what matters most to y/our readers; please consider them as v busy people, who, like we do, also have some precious time to spend reading

let's make it something worthy of their time and effort--like taking y/our writing relatively seriously is likely to improve the quality and reputation of our list

your comment, interaction with the post above, by Gary Ottoson, the current moderator of Truth Talk, is requested--privately, if you prefer, or publicly, within the forum

cordially,

 cc. David Miller