On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 17:35:55 -0600 "Caroline Wong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
It is out of love that He judges us. How else will we know what we're doing isn't right or hurting somebody or opening doors for Satan?

Actually God's way is for parents to instruct their children in God's Word so that they can learn His ways; Timothy is a good example.
Turning someone over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh is not the Churchs' finest hour. What's wrong with 2 Tim 3:16?

But when we repent (which can run the gamut from realizing we're wrong to being devastated by what we did), He forgives. And then
He teaches us the right way.

To repent is to come boldly to the throne of grace for help in time of need while ATST determining to change direction and stop
doing whatever it was, otherwise we are wasting our time..

All credit to Brian McLaren for saying God saves by judging, then forgiving and teaching. It is an ongoing dynamic relationship.

Oh dear Caroline - I see you have been drawn into Lance's 'dynamic relationship' web.  He might be a nice guy but I reckon you were
probably safer with the Baptists.  judyt

Love, Caroline

isn't there an eschatological tension (perhaps) betw the loving God (loving) and the loving God judging..e.g. Jn 3:17 ff.?

your perception of it?