On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:41:28 EDT [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
In a message dated 4/5/2005 1:58:05 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
I never thought they were but each has it's place and "sacrificial offering" in no way negates repentance,
confession, and prayer.  What about 1 John 1:9?
"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all
unrighteousness"

Judy, what forgives sins  -- the single and "once for all time" offering of Christ (Heb. 10) or confession,
repentance, and prayer?   Jd

It's not 'what' JD but rather 'who' and the one who does the forgiving should be the one sinned against
which is always God the Father. However, post Calvary since all authority in heaven and on earth
has been given to the Lord Jesus Christ who is also the sacrifice as well as our Great High Priest -
It would make sense for us to go to Him as per Hebrews 4:16

"Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace that we may obtain mercy and find grace
to help in time of need"

judyt