Lance wrote:
> David Miller is perhaps the best one to reference
> when making this point. He engages JS and BT
> ad nauseum on the smallest of points. He deems
> these distinctions to be of great importance.

>From my perspective, most of the theology issues are relatively minor.
Concepts about the incarnation, or justification by faith, the role of the
faith of Christ, etc. are all enjoyable considerations, but I often yawn at
the huge about of time spent discussing these obvious issues.  On the other
hand, when I see someone break the ninth commandment and bear false witness
against someone else, that is very serious.  I try my best to help the other
person understand their error.  What good does it do for them to understand
all the mysteries of the universe and yet not have love?  They can get all
their theology right, but if they sin against others, what good is that?

Lance wrote:
> Are they misunterstanding one another or disagreeing
> with one another or a little bit of both with a dash teaching
> (?) thrown in for good measure?

For me, John is probably the most difficult person to communicate with on
the list.  He rarely understands what I try to communicate with him.  I have
been evaluating this, and I think that perhaps I have thought too highly of
him in the past.  I am beginning to realize that I need to expect less,
which means that I will decrease the level of communication that I attempt
with him.