Took the words right out of my mouth.

Debbie
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:23 AM
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Re [Truth Talk] Saved -- Salvation -- and the pigpen

Would it be fair to say that some people on TT feel that those who speak about love, grace and forgiveness are not serious about morality and obeying God?

Suppose we put that to rest by saying
1) Loving God with all that we are and loving one another as ourselves deters us from breaking the 10 commandment and sin because to sin is to not love God or another person
2) Obedience is part of a relationship with God. Rebellion, sin, unforgiveness, anger etc. hinders that relationship. But obedience is not the sum total of a walk with God.

Someone told me that a similar pursuing of holiness and righteousness will also make a person more loving. Can someone explain to me how?

Love,

Caroline