Debbie wrote:
> When I said that perhaps you were indeed more righteous,
> I meant it. You may well be far ahead of me on many matters
> of behaviour.

One hindrance to our communicating is this idea of comparing ourselves with
one another.  I do not do that, but you do.  I have no thought of me being
better than you, or farther ahead than you, or any such notions.  For me,
sanctification was not a process. I just walked in it according to the
Spirit, and I think everyone can right away.  I do not like the idea of
holiness being a process whereby one finally stops sinning one day.
Holiness is a growth process, but it begins with ceasing sin.

Debbie wrote:
> But you alternate between harshness and condescension
> in the way you talk to other believers on TT, which you
> do not seem to see.

I would not characterize it this way.  I recognize that I am firm and stern
at times, but I believe it is appropriate for the situation.  I always
examine myself to see if I am pushing someone too far to the edge.  I could
at times be wrong on this and I realize it.  However, characterizing me as
harsh or condescending is not something I recognize as accurate.  I see this
coming when people project their own attitude that they would have if they
would say the same things that I say.

Debbie wrote:
> I imagine there must still be an appreciable gap between
> you and perfection, yet I don't hear any sorrow or longing
> over that. But perhaps if I encountered you in person,
> I would see and hear you differently.

Perhaps I am as joyful in my reconciliation to the holiness of Christ as you
are in your salvation.  :-)  I am very optimistic that he who has begun his
good work in me will complete it.