Debbie wrote:
> I overstated it when I said that there is absolutely no
> difference between "#$%& you" and "You are of your
> father the devil". I really meant they are potentially the
> same when used to express a certain attitude towards
> the other person and ourselves.

So do you believe that Jesus was guilty of this cursing attitude expressed
by Caroline?  I have a hard time understanding that.  Maybe you can explain.

Debbie wrote:
> The same in the way that calling our brother
> a fool and murdering him are the same.

These two actions are not always the same thing.  Jesus called people fools,
but he did not have a murdering and hateful attitude towards them.

Debbie wrote:
> And yes, people have said these or similar things
> to others on TT whose only "sin" is that they disagree.

I don't think you are following the conversation too closely if you think
that the only sin is that they disagree.  We are dealing with someone
bearing false witness against another list member.  I tried to deal with
this same sin before but with nicer words.  I think the moderator should
have stepped in long before now, but he has chosen not to do so, perhaps
because he does not recognize the false accusation.  It would be better for
no list member to have to say to another, "you are of your father the
devil."  That is why we have the no ad hominem rule, to stop this kind of
banter.  Unfortunately, the moderator is not dealing properly with the false
accusations that started all this to begin with.  This leaves it to the one
being accused to deal with it, and he did so by speaking in the same way
that Jesus did to religious men who falsely accused him.