Kevin Deegan wrote:
As debbie pointed out it should be aspersions but you knew that, right Dave?
DAVEH:  I suspected such, Kevin.  However there is a word usage of dispersions, and since you were trying to paint me into a corner, dispersions may have been an appropriate word!  Unlike you though, I don't try to read minds.  I'd rather ask somebody what they are thinking rather than make claims that don't match the definitions.

      But I am curious Kevin......When I asked you to define it, why didn't you just look it up in the dictionary and make a brief apology, and then restate your argument?  Why dodge the issue for so long?  I'm not one to hang a guy for a simple mistake....I've made enough myself that it would be hypocritical for me to point out yours and then relentlessly hammer you for making it.
1a. An unfavorable or damaging remark; slander: "Don't cast aspersions on my honesty." b. The act of defaming or slandering.

I would say that it is also a underhanded delivery, as in not directly calling one mental just asking the question, to cast aspersions.
DAVEH:  Again....I respectfully disagree with your conclusions regarding my questioning Perry about such things.

Since you claim that you did not "CALL" Perry ANGRY,
DAVEH:  That's right Kevin.  I didn't say he was angry, I said he comes across as angry in the way he posts.   From previous off-forum posts, I know that he has a different demeanor when posting publicly.  In fact, I think he previously admitted (off-forum) to me that people think he sounds harsher from the things he says when posting than he is in reality.  Perry???....Am I accurately explaining this to Kevin?
an ANTI,
DAVEH:   Do you think Perry would be happy if folks thought he was pro-Mormon?  What's the problem, Kevin?  Both you and Perry are very anti-Mormon by any definition I can think of....do you deny it?  If so, what do you think an anti-Mormon is, and why do you think you or Perry do not qualify???
he is ATTACKING,
DAVEH:  He admitted such.   Now you have me curious about that, Kevin......From my perspective, I feel you are attacking LDS theology.  Am I wrong, or do you agree?  (I know it might be hard for you to agree with a Mormon boy on anything!)   :-)
with Internal HANG UPS
DAVEH:  That was a serious question, Kevin.  As you know, Perry's Mother-in-Law is LDS.  I thought that fact may have caused Perry to have a particular ax to grind, in effect being an internal hang-up.  Most TTers have not been nearly as vocal about their disdain of LDS theology as you and Perry, so I wonder if you too might have some internal hangup (such as a close LDS relative) that might cause you to be particularly vehement in your crusade against Mormonism.
DAVEH Let me ask if you are possibly bearing false witness.  Did I claim Perry was angry, or did I ask him if he was angry?
I posted as a illustration:
Do you have a mental problem?
DAVEH:  I think there are some TTers who must think so, due to my willingness to remain in TT when an occasional fellow TTer like you, Perry and a few others over the years have put my feet to the fire.
Notice I did not accuse you of such I am just asking!
DAVEH:  I've got no problem with you asking, Kevin.  I've got to wonder why you would have a problem with it though.  What's eating away at you inside?   ;-)
Another example is asking for prayer. casting aspersions, while cloaking ones real intentions with the impression of caring. Notice the underhanded delivery method rather than direct.

Instead of calling Perry names;
Sticks & stones may hurt his bones ya know.
Why not deal with the actual issues, Perry brings up?
DAVEH:   LOL......Surely you jest!  Perry doesn't seem to want to talk about theology as much as he wants to discredit LDS theology.  As I've said before, I'm not here to discuss the LDS Church or its doctrines, but rather I am interested in what you (Protestants) believe, and more importantly....why you believe such.
Unless you are trying to discredit the messenger.
DAVEH:  How does describing the messenger as an anti-Mormon discredit him IF that term accurately describes him?
The issues stand on their own irrespective of yours or my character traits. Stop misdirecting away from the issues.
DAVEH:  Listen, Kevin....If you or Perry is an anti-Mormon (by definition), then what's the problem with that?   Do you really feel that term discredits you?

"the endless subterfuges and prevarications which our present condition impose . . . threaten to make our rising generation a race of deceivers."  Charles W. Penrose to LDS President John Taylor, 1887

Just in case you need more DEFINITIONS:

prevarications: ...Innumerable; countless: numberless lies and other prevarications....

subterfuges: ...Inflected forms: chi·caned, chi·can·ing, chi·canes To resort to tricks or subterfuges; use chicanery. To trick; deceive.

DAVEH:   ???   What's that all about, Kevin?  Like you said above......Why not deal with the actual issues......Unless you are trying to discredit the messenger.

Debbie Sawczak <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You guys are just pretending (for fun) not to know that the word is "aspersions", right?

Debbie