Though somewhat overlong, an answer at last! I believe you just said, yes he is. Am I correct?
----- Original Message -----
From: Bothoms
Sent: May 11, 2005 16:45
Subject: [Bulk] [TruthTalk] Are Jesus and Satan brothers?

Hi Terry–

I’m glad to see that you are open-minded and willing to let me respond to these questions. If you don’t mind, I’d like to answer these questions one at a time.

DO LATTER-DAY SAINTS BELIEVE THAT JESUS AND SATAN ARE OR WERE BROTHERS?

To give a proper answer, this will take a bit of explanation. First, most non-LDS Christians believe in the pre-mortality of Jesus. We do also. We also believe that all who live on this earth, past and present, lived before with God in Heaven. We believe that God is literally the Father of our spirits.

"Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?" (Heb 12:9)

"Have we not all one father?..." (Mal 2:10a)

"One God and Father of all..." (Eph 4:6a)

"Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." (Eccl 12:7)

Being children of God we were all brothers and sisters. Jesus, known as Jehovah in the OT, was our Father’s firstborn.

And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him. (Heb 1:6)

In mortality, Jesus would be God’s Only Begotten.

Jeremiah was informed that he lived before he was born.

"Then the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." (Jer 1:4-5)

Our Father presented a plan to us.

"And the Lord God spake unto Moses, saying: The heavens, they are many, and they cannot be numbered unto man; but they are numbered unto me, for they are mine. And as one earth shall pass away, and the heavens thereof even so shall another come; and there is no end to my works, neither to my words. For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man." (Moses 1:38-40)

While we were in the presence of God we walked by sight; now, our memories are taken away and we walk by faith.

"There is no remembrance of former things; neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after." (Eccl 1:11)

"And there stood one among them that was like unto God, and he said unto those who were with him: We will go down, for there is space there, and we will take of these materials, and we will make an earth whereon these may dwell; and we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them; and they who keep their first estate shall be added upon; and they who keep not their first estate shall not have glory in the same kingdom with those who keep their first estate; and they who keep their second estate shall have glory added upon their heads for ever and ever." (Abr 4:24-26)

Lucifer seeks power.

"For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne about the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most high." (Isa 14:13-14)

A Savior is Chosen.

"And I, the Lord God, sake unto Moses, saying: That Satan, whom thou hast commanded in the name on mine Only Begotten, is the same which was from the beginning, and he came before me, saying—Behold, here am I, send me, I will be thy son, and I will redeem all mankind, that one soul shall not be lost, and surely I will do it; wherefore give me thine honor. But, behold, my Beloved Son, which was my Beloved and Chosen from the beginning, said unto me—Father, thy will be done, and the glory be thine forever. Wherefore, because that Satan rebelled against me, and sought to destroy the agency of man, which I, the Lord God, had given him, and also, that I should give unto him mine own power; by the power of mine Only Begotten, I caused that he should be cast down;..." (Moses 4:1-3)

"And the Lord said: Whom shall I send? And one answered like unto the Son of Man: Here am I, send me. And another answered and said: Here am I, send me. And the Lord said: I will send the first. And the second was angry, and kept not his first estate; and at that day, many followed after him." (Abr 4:27-28)

War in Heaven.

"And there was a war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their pace found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Rev 12:7-9)

Lucifer is cast out.

"And I, Lehi, according to the things which I have read, must needs suppose that an angel of God, according to that which is written, had fallen from heaven; wherefore, he became a devil, having sought that which was evil before God. And because he had fallen from heaven, and had become miserable forever, he sought also the misery of all mankind." (2Ne 2:17-18a)

"... for he rebelled against me, saying, Give me thine honor, which is my power; and also a third part of the hosts of heaven turned he away from me because of their agency; and they were thrust down, and thus came the devil and his angels;..." (D&C 29:36b-37)

"And this we saw also, and bear record, that an angel of God who was in authority in the presence of God, who rebelled against the Only Begotten Son whom the Father loved and who was in the bosom of the Father, was thrust down from the presence of God and the Son, and was called Perdition, for the heavens wept over him—he was Lucifer, a son of the morning. And we beheld, and lo, he is fallen! is fallen, even a son of the morning!" (D&C 76:25-27)

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day." (Jude 1:6)

Lucifer rebelled and was cast out! He has lost his inheritance! He was once a son of God and our brother, but that was before. There is no longer any relationship! He has become Satan. He is an enemy to us and to God!!

Jesus during His mortal ministry recalled the event.

"And he [Jesus] said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven." (Luke 10:18)

–Raymond

Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Bothoms wrote:
Terry--
When it comes to the beliefs of my Church (what you call Mormonism), what is your biggest grievence?  and why?
--Raymond
Several things really.  I guess the most troublesome is that you believe that Jesus and Satan are or were brothers.  I do not understand why you need masonic symbols or a temple.  I do not understand why you baptize for the dead.  I do not understand why you think that you can work your way up to being a god.  All of this smacks of twisted scripture and false teaching.
If you want to try to explain why you believe these things or if I have misunderstood and you do not believe these things, I am willing, even eager to listen.
Terry