You may never have visited San Francisco, where street preachers are common.  One elderly black man stands with his sign across the street from Nordstroms in Union Square, on the street where we always stay for meetings on the streetcar line.  He condemns adultery and fornication and preaches the need for Jesus, etc.  I think about what a dedicated man he is to stand there calling out day after day.  Izzy

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Caroline Wong
Sent: Saturday, May 14, 2005 8:11 AM
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Subject: Re: [Bulk] [TruthTalk] Street Preaching

Mighty Mouse responds:

When you invited me to join TT, I didn't know anything about Street Preachers. After doing quick research, I realized Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore. I thought I was getting a handle on the culture of TT but it turns out to be more Oz than I realized.

I've met many Christians from many different churches and denominations (including Methodist/Wesleyan) and never came across a Street Preacher. I've handed out bibles at the Streetsville Bread and Honey Festival. I know people who set up prayer booths at various fairs to pray for people and share the gospel. The last few Septembers, there was a Canada wide ad campaign for Alpha where we invite the nation to dinner. The northern churches of Mississauga hold their dinner at the Vic Johnson arena where we introduce seekers to the gospel and urge them to come to church for this 8 week course on Christianity. But I've never encountered a Street Preacher at any of these events.

This is all so new.

Love,

Caroline