Yikes, Perry, there are dozens of interpretations what Jesus meant with people arguing grammar, semantics and what the phrase "the Son of Man" means in this chapter. Personally, I don't know. All I know is that I don't believe the Liberal view which says Jesus thought the end times were near but he really didn't know and I'm not keen on the Preterists view. I kind of side with people like Izzy who feels He is referring to either His resurrection when his disciples saw Him in His glorified body or He was referring to the Holy Spirit. There are problems with either interpretation.

Love,

Caroline
----- Original Message ----- From: "Charles Perry Locke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org>
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2005 10:53 AM
Subject: [TruthTalk] Carolyn asks: Did we miss it? Was: Street Preaching

>From: "Caroline Wong" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Street Preaching
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:07:49 -0500

Jesus also said he'd return before they've gone through all the towns of Israel. So, did we miss it?

Carolyn, I would love to hear your answer to the question you posed above. Can you provide a little rationale along with your answer, too, instead of a simple yes or no? This is an area in which I have an interest and on which I like to hear different viewpoints.

If anyone else would like to answer this question, please do. Each of us probably has a unique viewpoint on this issue. Yes, you mormon boys are invited, too.

Perry

---------- "Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." (Colossians 4:6) http://www.InnGlory.org