Who is Adam?
LDS say he is the "ancient of days"
The std works says he is the one who sits on the throne.
Adam god

Dave Hansen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
DAVEH:  FWIW.....I agree with what you explained below, Blaine.  But I've always thought LDS theology allows that Adam was a God in the pre-mortal existence, inasmuch as he was one of the key players (as you indicated below) who sat in on the planning sessions (so to speak) of the plan of salvation, and then was a/the pivotal character in implementing the gospel.  Is that how you understand Adam's role/status, Blaine?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Blaine:  I guess I just can't resist breaking into an interesting conversation!!  Perry you are wrong when you say Mormons believe  Adam was both God-the-Father and Michael in the pre-existance.  It is clear and consistent in all Mormon doctrinal treatesies on this subject that 1)  The man Adam was Michael the archangel in the pre-existence, 2) that  Michael was third in order of authority in the pre-existence.  Both the Father and the Son were above Michael in authority.  Michael was the executive of the will of the Father and the Son, you might say.