Oh,  I can heartedly agree.   We have made church a spectator sport.   But the larger assemblies are not all bad.

Jd

-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Clifton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: TruthTalk@mail.innglory.org
Sent: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 21:23:01 -0500
Subject: Re: [TruthTalk] Obesity

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
tERRY  --  YOU ARE NO MORE p.o.ED WITHT EH CHURCH TAHN i AM --   but you might rethink your comments in view of the following:

Do not forsake the assembling of yourselves together  --   encouraging one another to love and good works.  Heb 10:25

......  breaking bread from house to house, they were taking their meals together with gladness and sincerity of hear.    acts 2:46

We are to share in the worship of song  --  a group thing.    Eph 5:18-20

Speaking the truth in love, we are to grow upin all aspects into Him  ....the whole body  (read:church) being fitted and held together   ....   for the building up of itself (the church) in love   Eph 4:15,16.

I could go on, but you know these scriptures better than I.    If for no other reason,  "ye who are spiritual help those who are weak" can be  a reason to attend.   We (my wife and I ) have our times when we do not attend  ----   but we are always benefitted insome when we are there.

After all, "church" was God's big idea  !!!!!!!!!!

JD
I am not down on church,John.  We attend regularly.  We just do it from house to house like the scriptures say some of the early believers did.  We share a meal and afterward we play Bereans, sing songs, the whole works.  You should try it.  It sure beats staring at the back of the heads in the pew in front of you while one guy gives his spiel and everyone else tries to stay awake.