Luke refers to the 'book' in ch4, but never said it was read that day--the custom was for someone to read from it--apparently JC didn't do that; instead he merely 'opened the book' looking for something in particular; he 'found' it, then gave a brief sermon about it: Isaiah's writing (which ultimately nearly got him killed as a result); he closed 'the book', handed it back to someone, then 'sat down'.

FTR, it's hip to keep a Bible around, a book you, jt, Izzy always stand up on--why not consider devoting your time to inquiring, e.g., learning its  contentS, as above?