Judy wrote:
> Yes, I do believe we all come into this world with
> an "inheritance" in and a natural "propensity" toward
> sin ... ATST I don't believe that all babies automatically
> go to hell because God is merciful and He is a God
> of covenant which is what Paul takes into consideration
> when he speaks of believer md to unbeliever and so
> long as they remain together their children are "holy"
> (because of the godly influence in that home).
> I don't think we completely understand these issues
> of sin and righteousness - like we should.

You say that we don't completely undertsand these issues.  I think what you
are doing is acknowledging an inconsistency in your theological perspective.
You don't understand these issues because your logical perspective is
inconsistent with the voice of your conscience.  You are having trouble
reconciling the idea of children being born "in sin" and yet something in
your conscience which does not accept the idea that they are condemned to
hell.  If you were logically consistent with your viewpoint that if Jesus
were born in the same flesh as us he would be unholy, then you would have to
conclude that the children also are unholy and deserve hell and damnation.
This is what has led many church scholars to the importance of infant
baptism.

If children can be born holy, or in other words, born separated unto God and
not deserving of the damnation of hell, why not Jesus?  I think the
logically consistent position that would lead us to a better understanding
is that a person's flesh does not, in itself, condemn a person to the
damnation of hell.  It is when a person responds to his flesh and commits
sin that he becomes guilty.  It seems to me that Izzy and I are in agreement
on this point.  What do you think?  (Obviously, my next proposition, if this
is accepted, is to talk about Jesus and the relationship between his flesh
and holiness.)