Blainerb:  One of Kevin's favorite tricks--take something out of context, then prove it wrong.  The entire context is on one of my previous posts, but here it is again--as can be seen, my post states that the use of the seer stone is a well documented fact.  Kevin knows it was stated in my post as such, and still tries to make it appear as though the "late reports" refer to the seer stone.  See the ENTIRE context of the part of my post being referred to below:

"Most reports state that throughout the project Joseph used the "Nephite interpreters" or, for convenience, he would use a seer stone (see CHC 1:128-30). Both instruments were sometimes called by others the Urim and Thummim. In 1830, Oliver Cowdery is reported to have testified in court that these tools enabled Joseph "to read in English, the reformed Egyptian characters, which were engraved on the plates" (Benton, Evangelical Magazine and Gospel Advocate 2 [Apr. 9, 1831]:15). In an 1891 interview, William Smith indicated that when his brother Joseph used the "interpreters" (which were like a silver bow twisted into the shape of a figure eight with two stones between the rims of the bow connected by a rod to a breastplate), his hands were left free to hold the plates. Other late reports mention a variety of further details, but they cannot be historically confirmed or denied."